Welcome to the Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australasia
The Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australasia (DTAA) is the recognised professional body for dance movement therapy in Australasia. It sets the standards for Professional and Provisional Professional levels of membership, training and supervision. The DTAA also warmly welcomes General and Student members.
The DTAA promotes the growth, development and recognition of the dance movement therapy profession in Australasia by:
- establishing and maintaining standards for training, research and professional practice
- providing a means of communication, education and networking between dance movement therapists, other health professionals, employers and clients
- liaising with other relevant peak and professional bodies
- providing information and resources for dance movement therapy practitioners, students and the wider community
- offering Associate, Provisional Professional and Professional Membership status to applicants who meet the training criteria, and Student or General membership to others interested in dance movement therapy.
Member resources include the opportunity for recognition as a dance movement therapist, bi-annual journal, regular news of events, insurance, library and professional development opportunities.
“Therapeutic Aspects of The 3 Planes”
A FULL DAY online PD Workshop with Marylee Hardenbergh
Saturday 28 October 2023 / 11.00am to 6.00pm AEDT
Designed for DMTs, DMTs in Training, and Somatic and Movement Therapists
Rudolf Laban’s concepts of space and shape are the focus for this workshop, in which we will explore the use of the 3 planes and their meanings in our therapeutic work, through didactic and experiential material. We will then focus on the application of these concepts in the therapy session, when moving with groups and individuals.
Our facilitator, Marylee Hardenbergh, is a Certified Laban Movement Analyst, Board-Certified DMT, Clinical Social Worker and founding member and Founder/Artistic Director of Global Water Dances.
FOR FULL WORSHOP DETAILS AND TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE
DTAA ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2023
Sunday 29 October 2023/ 1.00pm to 4.00pm AEDT
Online Via Zoom
Marylee Hardenbergh, CMA, BC-D/MT, LICSW and Director, Global Site Performance
Learn how to incorporate Dance Movement Therapy concepts when creating a community-based dance performance – onsite, in Sydney’s beautiful Rushcutters Bay. During the 2-day workshop, we will work through the step-by-step process of investigating the site, creating the movement, planning the event, and presenting the performance. Community-based dance has a strange and wonderful way of stimulating rippling, healing effects on the community. Therapeutic aspects include such concepts as: inclusivity, expanded self and shared purpose.
DTAA recognises, acknowledges and respects the ancestors, elders and families of all Indigenous peoples of the lands on which we stand and practice.
Current Moves (our e-newsletter)