Welcome to the Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australasia!
The Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australasia (DTAA) is the recognised professional body for dance movement therapy in Australasia. It sets the standards for Professional, Provisional Professional and Associate levels of membership, training and supervision. The DTAA also warmly welcomes General and Student members.
The DTAA promotes the growth, development and recognition of the dance movement therapy profession in Australasia by:
- establishing and maintaining standards for training, research and professional practice
- providing a means of communication, education and networking between dance movement therapists, other health professionals, employers and clients
- liaising with other relevant peak and professional bodies
- providing information and resources for dance movement therapy practitioners, students and the wider community
- offering Provisional Professional and Professional Membership status to applicants who meet the training criteria, and Associate, Student or Overseas membership to others interested in dance movement therapy.
Member resources include the opportunity for recognition as a dance movement therapist, bi-annual journal, regular news of events, insurance, library and professional development opportunities.
Current Moves (our e-newsletter)
Subscribe to receive details of our activities and events.
People needed on the editorial team of Moving On!
To keep Moving On – moving forwards – the editorial team needs more people involved. We would love to have you aboard giving assistance in some way with creating and/or gathering content.
We would love you to submit articles, reflections or letters to the editors. They are welcome whether or not you are a member, or non- member of the DTAA. The articles can be peer-reviewed, or be less formal.
DTAA’s most recent book, Dance Therapy Collections Four.