Welcome to the Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australasia!
The Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australasia (DTAA) is the recognised professional body for dance movement therapy in Australasia. It sets the standards for Professional, Provisional Professional and Associate levels of membership, training and supervision. The DTAA also warmly welcomes General and Student members.
The DTAA promotes the growth, development and recognition of the dance movement therapy profession in Australasia by:
- establishing and maintaining standards for training, research and professional practice
- providing a means of communication, education and networking between dance movement therapists, other health professionals, employers and clients
- liaising with other relevant peak and professional bodies
- providing information and resources for dance movement therapy practitioners, students and the wider community
- offering Provisional Professional and Professional Membership status to applicants who meet the training criteria, and Associate, Student or Overseas membership to others interested in dance movement therapy.
Member resources include the opportunity for recognition as a dance movement therapist, bi-annual journal, regular news of events, insurance, library and professional development opportunities.
Current Moves (our e-newsletter)
Subscribe to receive details of our activities and events.
HEMF Research Grants for 2018
Take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to apply for a research grant through the Hanny Exiner Memorial Foundation!
Applications for grants are due on August 27th 2018.
For more information about application criteria or to read about successful past applicants visit the HEMF page here.
DTAA’s new book, Dance Therapy Collections Four.