Welcome to the Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australasia
The Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australasia (DTAA) is the recognised professional body for dance movement therapy in Australasia. It sets the standards for Professional and Provisional Professional levels of membership, training and supervision. The DTAA also warmly welcomes General and Student members.
The DTAA promotes the growth, development and recognition of the dance movement therapy profession in Australasia by:
- establishing and maintaining standards for training, research and professional practice
- providing a means of communication, education and networking between dance movement therapists, other health professionals, employers and clients
- liaising with other relevant peak and professional bodies
- providing information and resources for dance movement therapy practitioners, students and the wider community
- offering Provisional Professional and Professional Membership status to applicants who meet the training criteria, and Associate, Student or Overseas membership to others interested in dance movement therapy.
Member resources include the opportunity for recognition as a dance movement therapist, bi-annual journal, regular news of events, insurance, library and professional development opportunities.
DTAA recognises, acknowledges and respects the ancestors, elders and families of all Indigenous peoples of the lands on which we stand and practice.
Current Moves (our e-newsletter)
Subscribe to receive details of our activities and events.
NEW -Working Online: Resources for DMT’s during 2020
Colleagues, we are excited to be working with you during this challenging global time as we forge new Dance Movement Therapy pathways in a ‘socially distanced’ world. Your work as practitioners is invaluable, and we are collating resources here to help support you in your work.