Welcome to the Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australasia!
The Dance Movement Therapy Association (DTAA) is the recognised professional body for dance movement therapy in Australasia. It sets the standards for Professional, Provisional Professional and Associate levels of membership, training and supervision. The DTAA also warmly welcomes General and Student members.
The DTAA promotes the growth, development and recognition of the dance movement therapy profession in Australasia by:
- establishing and maintaining standards for training, research and professional practice
- providing a means of communication, education and networking between dance movement therapists, other health professionals, employers and clients
- liaising with other relevant peak and professional bodies
- providing information and resources for dance movement therapy practitioners, students and the wider community
- offering Provisional Professional and Professional Membership status to applicants who meet the training criteria, and Associate, Student or Overseas membership to others interested in dance movement therapy.
Member resources include the opportunity for recognition as a dance movement therapist, bi-annual journal, regular news of events, insurance, library and professional development opportunities.
DANCE THERAPY COLLECTIONS: Number Four
Editors: Jane Guthrie and Sue Mullane, with Elizabeth Loughlin
Published by the Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australasia (DTAA), 2017, Melbourne, Australia.
Design and Layout by David Wong.
The launch of this just-published twelve chapter book, the latest volume in the Collections series, takes place on:
Sunday 22nd October
between 3.00pm and 4.00pm
at the Community Room
Edinburgh Gardens, Alfred Crescent, off Brunswick Street / George Street, Fitzroy North, VIC, 3068.