Welcome to the Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australasia!
The Dance Movement Therapy Association (DTAA) is the recognised professional body for dance movement therapy in Australasia. It sets the standards for Professional, Provisional Professional and Associate levels of membership, training and supervision. The DTAA also warmly welcomes General and Student members.
The DTAA promotes the growth, development and recognition of the dance movement therapy profession in Australasia by:
- establishing and maintaining standards for training, research and professional practice
- providing a means of communication, education and networking between dance movement therapists, other health professionals, employers and clients
- liaising with other relevant peak and professional bodies
- providing information and resources for dance movement therapy practitioners, students and the wider community
- offering Provisional Professional and Professional Membership status to applicants who meet the training criteria, and Associate, Student or Overseas membership to others interested in dance movement therapy.
Member resources include the opportunity for recognition as a dance movement therapist, bi-annual journal, regular news of events, insurance, library and professional development opportunities.
Call For Proposals
Thinking Bodies: Moving Minds
a symposium on the art of embodiment
15-16 September, 2018, Abbotsford Convent, Melbourne
What defines the art of embodiment? In somatics and dance movement therapy practices, embodiment is a core philosophical assumption, one that is so embedded in what we do that we may find it challenging to articulate or identify what we mean by the term. This symposium aims to offer opportunities to dig deeper into the various meanings and practices of embodiment, we invite proposals from somatics, movement, dance and dance therapy practitioners for experiential workshops and theoretical presentations responding to the symposium theme Thinking Bodies : Moving Minds. For more information and to submit a proposal please see flier: Thinking Bodies: Moving Minds Symposium
Webinar: Mind-Body Awareness & Practical Strategies with Noa Belling, 7.30-8.30pm 6th March 2018
In this webinar Noa, international best-selling author, somatic psychologist and dance movement therapist, will share her inspiration and some of the practical strategies offered in her new book, The Mindful Body: Build emotional strength and manage stress with body mindfulness. Register at https://www.trybooking.com/TTBJ. See Flier: Noa Belling and DTAA webinar invite