Celebrating the 21st birthday of the DTAA
July 10-12, 2015
The Historic Abbotsford Convent, 1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford, Victoria, Australia
The Dance Movement Therapy Association of Australasia and the Hanny Exiner Memorial Foundation are pleased to collaborate in presenting the fourth dance movement therapy conference in Melbourne, Australia.
The conference will explore how dance movement therapy and other creative arts therapies can function as single and multi-modal approaches to health and healing; and how dance movement therapists can make valued contributions to multi-disciplinary teams.
- How can the healing potential of dance movement therapy be strengthened through connection with other creative arts modalities?
- How can dance movement therapists work in partnership to promote client outcomes, especially in areas of trauma and attachment?
- How can we strengthen the use of evidence in approaches to dance movement therapy?
- What is the relationship between dance movement therapy and our indigenous cultures?
- Skill development in dance movement therapy
- Therapeutic applications of dance for specific populations and communities
- Professional issues and supervision
- Research and evaluation
Who Should Attend?
The conference will be of interest to dance movement and other arts therapists, dance specialists and educators, community artists and other related professionals, including primary health care, mental health, allied health and other human service professionals. Practitioners, researchers and students in all of these areas, as well as people with a general interest, are welcome. Delegates from all around Australia and overseas are invited.